Blue CareOnDemand℠ is a faster, easier way to connect with health care professionals. You can use this service to connect with U.S. board-certified physicians and other health care professionals 24/7, 365 days a year, from your computer or smartphone. This benefit is available to State Health Plan primary members ages 18 and older. Dependent children younger than age 18 can also use this benefit with an adult member. Medicare-primary members are not eligible for this service.
Your copayment, deductible and coinsurance will be processed the same as it is for a normal office visit. If the physician feels you need to visit a primary care physician or urgent care, the incurred expenses will be reversed.
Blue CareOnDemand is a great solution when:
- You need to see a doctor but can’t fit it into your schedule.
- Your doctor’s office is closed.
- You feel too sick to drive.
- You have children at home and don’t want to bring them with you.
- You’re a college student away from home.
- You’re traveling.
Doctors can treat many common health conditions through video visits, including:
- Cold and flu symptoms;
- Bronchitis and other respiratory infections;
- Urinary tract infections;
- Rashes and other skin irritations;
- Sinus problems;
- Migraines; and
Blue CareOnDemand doctors can even write prescriptions, when needed, according to state regulations.
Behavioral health visits
Don’t let emotional difficulties affect your well-being. With Blue CareOnDemand, you can video chat with a licensed counselor, therapist, psychologist or psychiatrist from the comfort of your home. And, help doesn’t have to stop after your first consultation. Continue follow-up visits as long as you need to. Appointments are available at the time and frequency that are right for you. If you are a Standard Plan member, you pay a $14 copayment, plus the remaining allowed amount until you meet your deductible. If you’re a Savings Plan member, you pay the full allowed amount until you meet your deductible.
With Blue CareOnDemand, you can visit with a lactation consultant to get help for many of the common issues associated with breastfeeding. One of the added perks is you can do all of this from the comfort and privacy of your own home. See a board-certified lactation consultant anytime, anywhere. You can schedule follow-up appointments at a time and frequency that are right for you. Appointments are available seven days a week. This service is available at no cost to you as a State Health Plan primary member.
Two easy ways to register
Register today so you are set to use the service whenever you need to. Members ages 18 and older must create their own account; however, dependents younger than 18 must use the primary subscriber’s account. If you have any questions, please call 800.868.2520.
- From your computer: Visit www.BlueCareOnDemandSC.comexternal link, opens in a new tab.
- From your mobile device: Download the free app for your Apple or Android device. Please note, Blue CareOnDemand is available through the app only when using your mobile device.
MUSC Health Virtual Care
MUSC Health Virtual Care is an easy way to be treated for common conditions such as allergies, pinkeye, sinus infections, skin rashes, sore throat, urinary tract infections and flu. It is available 24/7, but it is not meant to replace your primary care provider. This service is available at no cost to members for all State Health Plan members, including Medicare primary members.
Members ages 18 and older can create an account. Visits for dependent children younger than age 18 must be completed by a parent. You do not need to be a South Carolina resident; however, you must be in the state at the time of the visit.
Three options for a visit
- Questionnaire: Answer a series of questions about how you feel and your symptoms. Visits take about 5 to 15 minutes.
- Chat interview: Provide basic information about your symptoms, then chat with the provider. Visits take about 15 to 25 minutes.
- Video interview: Provide basic information about your symptoms, then have a video visit with the provider. Visits take about 15 to 25 minutes.
How to start a visit
- Go to www.MUSChealth.org/virtual-careexternal link, opens in a new tab.
- Click Get Care Now, then Create Account.
- Select State Health Plan, then Continue.