PEBA offers retirement employer training classes throughout the year. Printed copies of the presentations will not be available at the trainings. Other useful resources, such as the Covered Employer Procedures Manual, are available online but are not required for the training. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Retirement Benefits Training
This comprehensive one-and-a-half day employer training is for benefits administrators and other staff who administer retirement benefits. These small, informal sessions encourage participation. Day One begins at 9 a.m. and ends at 3:30 p.m. Day Two begins at 9 a.m. and ends at 1 p.m. On Day One, we will cover an introduction to the PEBA-administered retirement systems, membership and enrollment, payroll reporting, service purchase, and a brief overview of the S.C. Deferred Compensation Program. On Day Two, we will cover the retirement process, leaving covered employment, refunds, death claims, and the Electronic Employer Services (EES) employer portal.
- Introduction: PowerPoint | Adobe PDF
- Membership and enrollment: PowerPoint | Adobe PDF
- Reporting process: PowerPoint | Adobe PDF
- Service purchase: PowerPoint | Adobe PDF
- Retirement processes: PowerPoint | Adobe PDF
- Leaving covered employment: PowerPoint | Adobe PDF
- Death claims: PowerPoint | Adobe PDF
EES online enrollment resources*
*Not applicable to Comptroller General employers.