The South Carolina Deferred Compensation Program (Deferred Comp) offers a unique opportunity for you to save for your future. It is a straightforward way to work toward the retirement income you desire. Deferred Comp is available to most members covered by the South Carolina Retirement Systems, and Empower Retirement administers the program. By choosing to contribute a portion of your salary to Deferred Comp, you can benefit from:
- Convenience. Your contributions are automatically deducted from your paycheck.
- Choice. You can contribute to a 401(k) and 457(b) plan and elect to contribute before-tax or choose the Roth option to make after-tax contributions.
- Variety. You have a wide range of investment options from which to choose.
- Education. You have access to local retirement plan advisors who can help you develop a personalized approach to reaching your retirement savings goals.
- Vesting. You own 100 percent of your investment and any potential earnings, which are held in trust.
- Compounding. The sooner you start saving, the longer your money has to grow.
Visit www.southcarolinadcp.com to learn more about Deferred Comp and to enroll. You can also call Empower Retirement at 877.457.6263 or visit the local office in Columbia, SC.
200 Arbor Lake Drive, Suite 201
Columbia, SC 29223
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Due to COVID-19, the local office remains closed to visitors. Local retirement plan advisors are available by phone or videoconferencing to address participant needs and perform retirement awareness reviews.