Your employer may provide the following valuable insurance and retirement benefits. Click on the links for more information.
PEBA administers the state's employee insurance programs for South Carolina's public workforce. Learn more about the benefits available to employees below.
- Life insurance
- Long term disability
- Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
PEBA administers five defined benefit plans, a defined contribution plan and a voluntary, supplemental retirement savings plan. Learn more about the benefits available to employees below.
- South Carolina Retirement System (SCRS)
- State Optional Retirement Program (State ORP)
- Police Officers Retirement System (PORS)
- General Assembly Retirement System (GARS)
- Judges and Solicitors Retirement System (JSRS)
- South Carolina National Guard Supplemental Retirement Plan (SCNG Plan)
- South Carolina Deferred Compensation Program